The year is coming to a close, so it’s time to set the agenda for the next year. You know your business better than anyone else, so I’m not going to try and tell you how to run it better.
Just take a look at these New Year resolutions for 2018. Pick a few or all of them and use them to make yourself more useful to your business and customers, and set an example that inspires and motivates your employees.
1. Don’t forget ideas you get at 4 am. Write them down immediately. Don’t go back to sleep. Get up and start working on the idea.
2. Google it before you announce it as the next big thing. If it’s any good, somebody somewhere has likely already done it.
3. Get some validation before you start raising funding.
4. Develop a prototype or beta before you start raising funding.
5. Generate revenue before you start raising funding.
6. Raise funding when you don’t need it anymore. That’s the kind of startup that investors like.
7. Always be selling.
8. Put your client’s interest before your own.
9. Become a trusted consultant for your client, instead of being a salesman.
10. Call existing customers once a month. Make sure they’re satisfied with your product/service.
11. Set your own targets. The only competition you can’t beat should be you.
12. Hire yourself. Startup founders need to be able to do everything. Learn it.
13. Hire employees who are better at their job than you.
14. Hire employees who are better at your job better than you.
15. Fire employees who come after you and go back before you.
16. Fire employees who say – I can’t do this.
17. Don’t fire employees who say – I don’t know how to do this. Teach them how to get the job done.
18. Offer an employee group health plan. The health of an employee who works too hard is probably more important to you than it is to them.
19. Lead by example. If you can’t do it, don’t expect anyone else to do it.
20. Learn your employees’ names, and the names of people in their family.
21. Talk to your employees one-on-one.
22. Share all these resolutions with your team, and tell them you’re going to do all this.
Wishing you, your employees and your startup a very HAPPY and PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2018.
Evoma Hotel and Business Center – Your ideal corporate event venue for an office party.