As a corporate retreat in Bangalore, we host companies and their staff virtually every day for meetings and conferences, training sessions, induction programs for new employees, and team building exercises that combine business with leisure.
We’ve learnt from all these clients that team building activities must not only be educational, but also entertaining.
Team building helps your teams learn about each other, how each person thinks, works, solves problems, and their habits, quirks and personalities.
Make use of these 25 easy team building exercises that will certainly enhance team spirit and can be easily incorporated at your next group retreat. The table provides a summary of each of the 25 exercises, and a pdf download link for each one that provides step-by-step instructions on how to carry out that exercise.
|25 Team Building Exercises (free pdf downloads)
1. End to End drawing – This activity serves as an icebreaker, and also helps in improving the art of clear communication between team mates.
Download this exercise as pdf – End to end drawing
2. Office Ins and Outs – Simple questions about the day to day office space used by your team helps enhance their powers of observation.
Download this exercise as pdf – Office ins and outs
3. Neighbourhood Service – Volunteering as a group and working for helping make your society a better place helps team members bond with themselves, and also with the community as a whole.
Download this exercise as pdf – Neighborhood Service
4. Abandoned – Getting trapped in a room and finding essential stuff necessary for survival is the activity. Helps members improve communication skills.
Download this exercise as pdf – Abandoned
5. Two truths and which lie – This game improves communication and getting to know each other better.
Download this exercise as pdf – Two Truths and which Lie
6. Shrinking Space – This activity is fun as well as makes team members realize the importance of adapting to conditions and different kinds of evolving situations.
Download this exercise as pdf – A Shrinking Space
7. Scavenger Hunt – Finding treasures as a team will help your employees work together and be creative. Besides, it’s great fun to do this at corporate retreats.
Download this exercise as pdf – Scavenger Hunt
8. Find an escape – This exercise helps teams collaborate and solve the mystery together in order to pull off an escape.
Download this exercise as pdf – Find an escape
9. Guess my name – This is a great icebreaker exercise which helps your team get to know each other better.
Download this exercise as pdf – Guess my Name
10. Minefield Escape – This activity helps members build trust and also learn how to communicate clearly.
Download this exercise as pdf – Minefield Escape
11. Dumbest Idea first- Listen to the dumb ideas each of your team members has. Who knows? An innovative idea may be born right then and there.
Download this exercise as pdf – Dumbest Idea First
12. Design new Company Logo – Designing a new logo will help your members think of the company goals and values, and understand the mission and brand value, instead of just the product.
Download this exercise as pdf – Design New Team Logo
13. Whose fact is it anyways? – This fun activity again makes each member know more about others. It will help build up good relationship among teams.
Download this exercise as pdf – Whose Fact Is It Anyway
14. Count till 20 – This game seems super easy, but the twists come fast and furious. This team building exercise shows the importance of teamwork and coordination in the simplest way possible.
Download this exercise as pdf – Count till 20
15. Sing Off- This team exercise helps reveal the inner talent of team members, enabling them to bond and coordinate together.
Download this exercise as pdf – Sing Off
16. What Changed – This exercise helps in demonstrating the importance of an eagle eye for details and your team’s powers of observation.
Download this exercise as pdf – What changed
17. Egg drop safe – This popular exercise makes teams work together to come up with and implement a winning solution.
Download this exercise as pdf – Egg Drop Safe
18. Lip Sing Battle – This famous game is good for groups of any kind. By bringing out the hidden singer in every person, this will help everyone have a good laugh and bond.
Download this exercise as pdf – Lip Sing Battle
19. Game of Potential – This exercise will help members become a little more innovative and think of crazy and fun ideas.
Download this exercise as pdf – Game of Potential
20. Winner / Loser – This exercise will help people find the positives in tough situations, and learn from them.
Download this exercise as pdf – Winner Loser
21. The trade puzzle – The puzzle game made a little more interesting for team building helps in enhancing leadership skills and problem solving attitudes.
Download this exercise as pdf – The Trade Puzzle
22. Name that – Fun game of charades for groups. Helps members realize the importance of teamwork.
Download this exercise as pdf – Name That
23. Longer Tower – This card game will help increase creativity and team bonding.
Download this exercise as pdf – Longer Tower
24. Sneak a Peek – This exercise helps in enhancing observation and communication skills together.
Download this exercise as pdf – Sneak a Peek
25. Human Knot – This fun game helps in building team bonding and opens up channels of communication that enable the team to develop quick solutions.
Download this exercise as pdf – Human Knot